Monday, August 31, 2009

Stealing from another Site....again.

 Not sure where this came from....

1) Are you usually late, early or right on time?

I tend to be late, except showing for work, not really early for that but a few minutes early.  Most the rest of my life I tend to be late and that drives Brandi crazy.  She likes being early.  I guess I got to where I didn't like a lot of the places I worked so I hated giving them time since I busted my butt working on the clock.

2) What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or to tell them that you do not love them back?

It would definitely be harder to tell someone that I don't love them back. Much  harder!  I've tried to hint or say things that would help in that they could and should be taken to mean less love or passion but that doesn't work since people tend to hear what they hope to hear.

3) Which would you rather have: a high salary or job satisfaction?

Satisfaction!  I'd hate to spend or to have spent thirty years of my life hating everyday I showed up for work.  I guess I could be bought but so far I haven't been.  I've worked most of my life at jobs I enjoyed and got a sense of satisfaction and pride after a day's work.  Might be a bit of laziness in that I don't think I could do a job that I'd get paid for in a field that I hated or felt ashamed of...I don't find my face all that handsome but I have a strong sense of pride and honor.  I was proud of lying and I didn't mind telling my kids what I did or anyone else for that matter.  To work as a lawyer defending industries or companies that were scummy...not so good but at the same time I feel that everyone should have good competent council in a criminal case.

I also feel some jobs are what you make of them.  I can recall years ago being in a slightly sleazy liquor store in Barstow, CA, not the best place in California anyway.  I was looking for something and the owner, an older woman was giving some Mexicans grief, not sure so many years later just what.  But they certainly looked old enough to buy booze, had the money and did not appear drunk or in any way "hoodlum" or low life, they just looked like manual labor types.  She gave them a bunch of crap...but took their money.  As she waited on me she told me how much she liked church, how much of a Christian she was and how much she hated people like that...and hinted she didn't like the liquor store biz anyway.  I never went back in there again but I could never understand why someone would do something that seemed so wrong to the values that they so loudly claimed were important to them.

However I do have many failings, just ask my wife and kids and other people that know me, but I try and I keep trying and I do regret and try to learn from my failings.

No comments:

Post a Comment